Reported on the first period of the Programme Estimate 1 (Oct 15th 2011 to May 31st 2012), Mr. Vu Quoc Tri, director of the ESRT Programme, presented significant outcomes, among which are establishment of the framework for the implementation of the Programme and launching of two international tenders with total value of 1.8 million Euros. Besides, the ESRT Programme has established its partnership with Tourism Working Groups, closely coordinated and cooperated with other donors/tourism projects in Vietnam like SNV, Lux-Development, ILO, AECID.
Some key activities have been implementing during the reporting period:
- Mobilization of international expert (Technical Assistance) to support Vietnam National Tourism Administration in revising Tourism Legislation, developing Tourism Statistics and Marketing Strategy
- Organizing a series of workshops in Tourism Legislation and VTOS system development
- Supporting VNAT, Institute for Tourism Development Research in various workshops such as Tourism Marketing and National Tourism Strategy
- Facilitation of multi-stakeholder destination management boards in 8 Northern Highland Provinces
- Field missions and consultations with District of Culture, Sports and Tourism and industry
In the upcoming period, the ESRT Programme recommends Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Vietnam National Administration of Tourism to confirm increasing role of Vietnam Tourism Certification Board and promote implementation of the VTOS in Tourism industry.