The total value of the equipment supplied by the ESRT Programme is 300.000 Euros, of which 200.000 Euros is for tourism vocational training schools and 100.000 Euros for the community centres.
The tourism training schools and the community centres were recommended by the Departments of Culture, Sports and Tourism and selected by the ESRT Programme based on criteria such as: to be located in remote and difficult areas but with high potential for tourism development, to be a part of approved tourism development strategy, to have clear strategies/work plans related to the ESRT Programme’s objectives on environmentally and socially responsible tourism.
The list of five tourism vocational training schools and ten community centres approved by Vietnam National Administration of Tourism, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the European Union Delegation to Vietnam is as follows:
5 Tourism Schools
1. Lao Cai Community College
2. Son La Community College
3. Nghe An Economic and Technology Vocational Training College No.1
4. Gia Lai Art and Culture Secondary School
5. Kien Giang Economic and Technology College
10 Community Centres
1. Ai hamlet, Phong Phu village, Tan Lac commune, Hoa Binh province
2. Phieng Loi hamlet, Thanh Minh village, Dien Bien province
3. Vang Pheo hamlet, Mường So village, Phong Tho commune, Lai Chau province
4. Kim Noi village, Mu Cang Chai commune, Yên Bai province
5. Hung Lo village, Viet Tri city, Phu Tho province
6. Vinh Tien village, Vinh Loc commune, Thanh Hoa province
7. Mang Canh village, Kon Plong commune, Kon Tum province
8. Krong Na village, Don Commune, Dak Lak province
9. My Hoa Hung village, Long Xuyen city, An Giang province
10. My Khanh village, Phong Dien commune, Can Tho province
It is anticipated that the ESRT Programme will finalise handover of the equipment by March 31, 2014.