Attending the workshop were Ms. Hoang Thi Diep, Vice Chairwoman of VNAT, members of Report Development Working Group, several officials of VNAT’s functional Departments, General Statistics Office of Vietnam, representatives from Vietnam Tourism Association, Hanoi Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, State Bank of Vietnam and international and national experts of the ESRT Programme.
The Vietnam Tourism Annual Report 2013 is the first annual report on Tourism which benefits the tourism industry, potential investors as well as public administration. The ESRT Programme will mobilise both international and national experts in order to support VNAT in developing and disseminating this report.
At the workshop, Mr. David McEwen - International Expert in Tourism Statistics of the ESRT Programme, presented the proposals for contents of the Annual Report. The main contents were as follows:
- Overview of Tourism Performance 2013
- Overview of growth in Tourism worldwide, in ASEAN countries and the context of Vietnam
- Marketing Strategies: Market Highlights in 2013, Market Analyses and Potential, Marketing Strategies…
- Tourism Statistics and Surveys
- Tourism and Economic contribution to Vietnam’s economy
- Hotel and Tourism Accommodation: Accommodation Capacity; Utilisation of Accommodation Capacity; New investment in Accommodation; Regulation of Accommodation providers
- Tour Operators and Travel Agencies: Capacity of Tour Operators and Travel Agencies; Regulation of Tour Operators and Travel Agencies; Tourist Guides and Tour Packaging…
- Future Considerations: Planning for Tourism; Investment in Tourism; Regulation for Tourism; Sustainability and Responsibility.
Next, all participants discussed Work Plans in the coming time and were presented the technical summary of the economic impacts assessment of Vietnam Tourism.
It is anticipated that the Vietnam Tourism Annual Report 2013 will be finished in September 2014 and that the 2014 will be disseminated nationally and internationally.