Attending the Workshop were not only representatives of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, VNAT and the Ministry of Construction but also representatives of six Departments of Culture, Sports and Tourism (DCST) of the Southeast region and several other provincial DCSTs such as: Ho Chi Minh, Binh Thuan, Tien Giang. In addition, Ba Ria - Vung Tau Tourism Association, Vung Tau Tourism College and the National Oil Services Company of Vietnam Limited were also invited.
At the Workshop, "the Master Plan for Tourism Development in the Southeast region to 2020, vision to 2030" was presented. The main issues was circulated for consultation including:
- The viewpoints and objectives of tourism development in the Southeast region
- Market orientation - tourism products of the Southeast region
- Marketing orientation, tourism promotion of the Southeast region
- Orientation of key areas, tourism destinations of the Southeast region
- The prioritised sectors and projects for investment in the Southeast region
- Cooperation for Tourism Development in Southeast region
- Destination Management Organisation of the Southeast region
- The specific solutions and actions to develop tourism in the Southeast region
Following this workshop, the ESRT Programme will continue to support ITDR in organizing technical meetings, gathering feedbacks and comments of technical experts to finalize the draft of this Regional Plan.